Why should you consider including a cocktail ceremony in your wedding?
Well, the key to a good cocktail is the quality of the ingredients and the combining of different tastes to make a new drink entirely. It might involve a blend of the creamy or the sweet with the sour or the bitter but, done well, the end result is a delicious and often complex tipple.
Hmmm… doesn’t that sound quite a lot like a good marriage? The coming together of different qualities and strengths to make something that becomes so much more than the sum of its parts?
If you and your partner are partial to pimping your prosecco, why not consider adding a cocktail ritual into your wedding ceremony?
There are lots of different ways you could approach this, so here are some ideas for starters:
Cocktail ceremony ideas with a twist!
- Think about the drinks that represent your partner’s qualities in some ways – strong, sweet, bubbly or intense perhaps. Maybe consider making cocktails for each other that represent these qualities. Or one that reflects you both.
- Some people associate a certain drink with a certain event – so if you drank champagne together on the night you met, for example, you might want to include that.
- Remember you can add things like ice or zest too, and that these have physical qualities that affect the experience of the cocktail. These could be brought in to the symbolism, as could things like shaking the mixer.
- If you’re feeling brave(!) you could ask key friends and family to bring along a drink that they feel represents you and/or your partner and make a kind of cocktail/punch with it all on the day. Beware that it might not taste too good though, and make sure nobody is driving home that night!
- You could serve your cocktail to people after the ceremony – or give miniature bottles of it as favours (do think of the non-drinkers amongst you as well of course).
- You don’t need to make it alcoholic – you could make a virgin cocktail or even a blend of your favourite tea leaves for a unity cuppa, for example!
Inspired? Think you might want to include something a bit different in your wedding ceremony? Get in touch today and let’s see what we can dream up together!